Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Precious.


My cousin, Patricia, had a beautiful little girl today! (So naturally, I had to get some last minute knitting done...)
I have been knitting a blanket for the baby ever since I found out Trish was having a girl. I had dyed the yarn (Berroco Vintage in light yellow originally, now colored pink) several months previous with food coloring. The pattern is Ann Norling's Baby Blocks pattern that I first learned about after I read "The Shop on Blossom Street" by Debbie Macomber. (Pretty good read--clean--you might like it, I don't know. I'm pretty easy to please.) Anyway, the pattern looked simple enough that it could be done while watching movies and other things, but keeps the brain working enough to stay awake with the basketweave pattern.
I finished the knitting this morning, weaved in the ends, took pictures, and washed the blanket. It looks so cute! I love it--hopefully it will keep Baby Nicole warm.

Welcome to the world, Nicole!

2 comments:

Taren said...

It turned out really beautiful. That little baby looks just like her momma! I love little babies.....

tricia said...

lindsay! i LOVE the blanket, and so does nicole. it's STILL one of her most favorites, and i feel bad for how much it gets washed, and will get warn down, but sometimes it REALLY IS the only thing that will calm her down haha.