I will show you what I have been doing while NOT blogging!
1. I went so Seattle for the first time, went to so many AMAZING yarn shops, bought a new spindle, roving, and spun the yarn for this glorious new shawl! I love it!
2. I decided to join a KAL for the Afternoon Tea Shawl on Knitty.com. I added a hood and a clasp to this brilliant red shawl and now it has 112 favorites on Ravelry! (THANKS to everyone who have made such nice comments!) I also entered it in the Utah State Fair and received a blue ribbon! I recommend this pattern. It is awesome. Easy. and looks excellent!
3. I finished a red sweater. It is made from Madelinetosh Prairie in Tart. Oh. My. Gosh. This yarn is SO BEAUTIFUL! Doesn't it look like the sweater is glowing? Because it is. The yarn is just...I don't know. SO worth the Big Bucks I had to fork out to acquire it. I started knitting this in June or July, took a small break, then just finished it this month. I used size US 5 needles (which is why it probably took so long) and Prairie IS laceweight, so it is super lightweight and totally awesome for layering. I love this sweater.
4. I have finished my first SUCCESSFUL pair of socks. They are so soft. So warm (even though they are lacy). They are my favorite!
5. My sister had a baby! Her name is Lydia. She was born 30 June, and she is SO adorable! I knitted her a blessing dress, and added pearly beads around the yolk. She looked so cute and I am so glad to FINALLY become an aunt! I was able to babysit her for a week while her mommy worked and her grandma was out of town meeting Lydia's new cousin. I do love her sweet face!
These are not ALL the things I have knitted this year, but they are my favorites!
On another note, I have decided to add some actual knitted things to my Etsy Shop. My Owl Cowl Knitting Pattern has proven to be my most popular pattern for sale, so I have decided to sell already-made cowls in my shop. I have 6 colorways:
As of today, I have three of the cowls finished and in the Etsy Shop. I hope to be able to sell these cute scarves! (And not get sick of knitting them!) I will put photos of each owl cowl when I have all 6 colors knitted up.
Thanks for reading! I will hopefully have another update soon! I ordered something exciting that will get here in about three weeks. (I will probably feature this exciting new purchase with a photo shoot!) It is kind of a big deal. (!!!)